Monday, March 29, 2010

One and a half days till I leave for Paris

I can honestly not believe the time has finally arrived to board the plane and head to Paris and Morocco. It feels like a week ago when I did a 96 days to go post and now I am almost standing on that MDS starting line! What great adventure awaits me!

The last week has been a roller coaster of emotions with the Dubai 92 Hook Up as well as the prospect of being without my wife for almost two weeks. I must thank Fiona for taking this journey with me, it has been a long 10 months and Fi has been my motivation and rock through this all. Taking on something like this is a pretty selfish thing to do as there is obvious worries about my health ect, but not once did Fi get negative about my adventure and supported me 100% all the way. Thank you babe!

And then of course there is everyone who has support me through this and your comments like HeadCase, Why Why and Seriously Dude kept me going all the way. My running partners, for the early mornings and afternoon grids, without you it would have been 100% less fun......if you can call running fun. Everyone making a donation to the Ernie Els Foundation, thank you very much. It humbles me when someone takes money that could be used for a 1000 other reasons and putting it forward to help the fight against autism. Ernie and the folks at the foundation really appreciates your contributions and keep on spreading the word! Togehter we can make a difference.

So, all that remains now is to make sure all the equipment is in the bag and double checked. I will post a complete equipment update tomorrow and share my final thoughts before I head out on Wednesday afternoon. After that I will leave you in the capable hands of Fiona who will be posting my daily updates out of Morocco. I am very fortunate that I have been given the talent to be able to even consider taking on a challenge like this.

When I am in the Sahara, you will be in my thoughts Seano, you have always been a great inspiration to me and I will dedicate part of this run to you my friend!

Dups


No comments:

Post a Comment