Saturday, August 29, 2009

Garmin 310 XT Forerunner!

I have always been a sucker for gadgets, and I have just bought a new toy for running, the Garmin Forerunner 310 XT. This is the perfect training tool as you are able to track your running with a GPS and download it to Google Earth, as well as monitoring your pace, heart rate, calories burned and you are also able to swim with the watch.

Another cool function is that you are able to set different goals and challenges and track it online at Garmin connect. Once you have downloaded your run you can get graphs on your average pace, elevational changes and terrain printouts. I am amazed how accurate the GPS is. This will definitely help with tracking your progress and is a good motivational tool as you can see exactly what kind of training you have put in. I am loving it!

Below is a map of a run I did on Friday morning. I ran a 15.3km run with full backpack and and 40% of the run was done off road through a construction site which was no fun at all as I was dodging nails and very muddy areas!


No comments:

Post a Comment