Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being Perfect


I have been using various songs and inspirational quotes over the last few months to help me stay focused and the one below is one of my favourite favourites from the movie Friday Night Lights.

This is an actual speech used by Gary Gains for a end of season football game and the speech is called Being Perfect:

Now, you all have known me for awhile, and for a long time you have been hearing me talk about being perfect. Well, I want you to understand something,to me, being perfect isn't about that scoreboard out there. It is not about winning, it`s about your relationship to yourself and your family and your friends.

Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know you did not let them down, because you told them the truth. And the truth is that you did everything that you could, there wasn`t one more thing you could`ve done.

Can you live in that moment forever,as best as you can, with clear eyes and love in your heart, with joy in your heart?

If you can do that gentlemen, then you`re perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment