Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Dubai Marathon 2011 is here!

The time has finally arrived to start my 2011 running campaign for Autism and Cancer awareness. I will be running the 2011 Dubai Marathon as my qualifying run for the Comrades Marathon which will take place in May. I am running with a good friend, Haydn Holmes, and this will be his first marathon, also attempting to qualify for Comrades 2011! This will be my big run for the year and in between the Dubai Marathon and Comrades Marathon I will also run the 2 Oceans Marathon in South Africa. I am hoping to run in a few other races and will confirm this as we move forward.

Tomorrow`s marathon is also special as I will be on the road with two of my Marathon des Sables tent buddies, Jimmy Mac and Denis TB Conroy. Looking forward catching up with the boys over a few cold beers after the race. Denis will head back into the Moroccan desert in April to run the 2011 MDS! Good luck with that! I would also like to wish another good friend, Mariana Marxie Marx, good luck with her 42km run. Mariana has been racing all over the place in Triathlons and cycling races, so I am expecting her to wax the run tomorrow. As for myself and Haydn, we just need to focus on the 4h45min time goal we set as the Comrades qualifying time is 5hours.

My goal is to raise awareness for Autism and funds for the Ernie Els Autism Foundation. Please feel to make a contribution to my effort and forward this on to all yorur friends and family and help me reach my target of USD 10 000.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/adam-duplooy/adamduplooy4autism
I am hoping there will be at least 5 donations made by the end of my run tomorrow! Show your generousity please and help with the fight against autism!!

No comments:

Post a Comment