Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adam and Charlie!















One of my new favorite movies at the moment is the running documentary called - Running the Sahara - The documentary follows three runners that run across the Sahara in 111 days and what they experience on a day to day basis. The three runners are Kevin, Ray and Charlie Engle. Charlie inspired me the most out the three runners as I can identify with him as he is very strong minded and a natural leader. Charlie has overcome personal challenges such as a drug addiction and became a motivational speaker and adventurer runner. I would love to do something similar and will be planning to run a couple of Ultra`s over the next few years........

So when my legs start telling me it is time to get up and hit the road or when I am sleeping and dreaming of running my alter ego Charlie takes over! I will run the MDS with my alter ego Charlie and he will take over from me when the going gets tough and help me through the hard stages!


Suffering, cheerfully endured, ceases to be suffering and is transmuted into a ineffeable joy.
-GHANDI-

No comments:

Post a Comment